2018 Fall MA TESOL Admission for non-Korean citizens
|Major||No. of Students||Others|
|ELT Materials Development (EMD)|
- Applicants must have a bachelor's degree from a recognized college or university. Those who are expected to graduate by August 2018 are eligible. Alternatively, applicants must have an equivalent degree authorized by law.
- Admission will be cancelled if an applicant fails to graduate by the appropriate deadline.
- Bachelor’s degrees in any major field of study are eligible.
- Requirements for special admission
- applicants who have a foreign nationality
- applicants who have completed both (a) twelve years (or equivalent) of primary/secondary education, and (b) a bachelor’s degree outside Korea.
Application Procedures and Schedule
※ All applicants will undergo the same screening process regardless of nationality or country of residence.
|Application & fee||May 28(Mon), 2018 - June 11(Mon), 2018|
Application Fee: 45,000 KRW
Application fees are not refundable.
|Review of your|
- Statement of Purpose : 40 points
- Interviews : 60 points
June 16(Sat), 2018
|Final notice of success||June 20(Wed), 2018||The result will be notified individually.|
(Payment of entrance fee)
|Payment date will be notified with the final notice of success|
※ Schedule is subject to change without prior notice.
※ Health insurance is mandatory for all new students.
※ All matters regarding the registration fee will be decided based on the existing regulations and IGSE policy.
How to Apply
- Applicants must bring his/her identification card and passport at the assigned time and date for the interviews. Applicants who fail to present photo identification will not be allowed to have the interviews.
- Acceptance to or enrollment in IGSE may be revoked if any of the applicant's documents necessary for enrollment are found to contain falsities.
- Once submitted, the application package will not be returned and will not be accessible by the applicant.
- After admittance, those who are expected to graduate at the time of application must submit a graduation certificate to verify their undergraduate degree.
- In case IGSE is unable to reach the applicant during the screening process, due to change of contact number or address, IGSE will not assume responsibility for any consequences or disadvantages on the applicant's part.
- Academic records of successful candidates will undergo a verification process.
- Any points not described above will be settled by the IGSE Admission Committee.
Submission of an application package can be done either in person or via post.
- In person : IGSE Huckjegwan (9:00~21:00, Monday~Friday)
- Via post (Address) : Jay Kim (IGSE Admission Office)
International Graduate School of English, Huckjegwan, 89 Yangjae-daero 81-gil, Gangdong-gu, Seoul, 05407, South Korea
- Telephone number: +82-2-6477-5114
Application fees must be paid through bank transfer.
- Pay 45,000 KRW within the peroid apllication (May 28~June 11) to Shinhan Bank 100-019-018876 (International Graduate School of English).
- Deposits into IGSE’s account must be made in the applicant's name.
Application Package Documents
Statement of Purpose
3 copies (do not use paper clips or staples)
Use A4 size plain white paper with font size 11 and 1.15 spacing.
The number of pages should not exceed 6. IGSE will not answer any
questions regarding Statement of Purpose.
Copy of Passport and Alien Registration card
(front and back)
|1 copy each. Alien Registration card is for residents of Korea only.|
|4||Academic Statement for your bachelor’s degree (one of a, b, or c according to the location of the university)|
a. [Korea] Certificate of
graduation& official transcript
|1 copy each.|
b. [China] Both official
transcript and higher
1 copy each. Higher education qualification certificate
c. [Other countries]
|Transcripts must be in English and mailed directly to IGSE from the university. If this is not possible, your original transcript in English should be submitted. If the original transcript is not in English, it should be translated and notarized by an embassy or a consulate.|
English Test Score Report(original)
(for students from non-English speaking countries only)
One of the two test score reports must be submitted.
- iBT TOEFL 70 or above
- IELTS 5.5 or above
(one of a, or b)
a. Bank statement of
Must submit a document that shows the applicant or the sponsor has a Korean/foreign bank account with more than US$20,000.
The document must be issued 30 days within the application date.
b. Both bank statement
and certificate of employment
of family member
1 copy each. Certificate of
business or property tax
payment is acceptable.
Portfolio(only for English Materials Development Major)
Optional, if applicants have portfolios which can show work experience
No additional points are awarded for submitting portfolios.
On completing the Application Form
- Use the uploaded file.
- Your photo must have been taken within the last three months, and taken without a hat on. You may use a photo in .jpg format.
- All contact numbers must be reachable.
- In 'College/University' and 'Graduate School,' list all schools attended starting from the most recent one.
- Please describe your experiences precisely, starting from the latest one in 'Experiences and Specialties.'
|Tuition Fee||Entrance Fee||Tuition Fee||Others|
|500,000 KRW||5,673,000 KRW|
|Scholarship||-||25% of Tuition Fee||-|
|The amount to be paid||500,000 KRW||4,254,000 KRW||Total : 4,754,000 KRW|